Labels

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Video Testimony

Several months before my mom died she and my dad took a missions trip to Burkina Faso in West Africa.  They were invited to share their experience on a local TV show called Good News Spotlight.  The host of the show asked my dad to share how he came to the Lord, and unlike my dad he was very brief.  He said that his relationship with God moved from his head to his heart.  Then the host asked my mom how she came to the Lord, and unlike my mom she went on and on about the various aspects of how she came to know Jesus, from her grandparents who she and her brother would spend the summers with, and the disillusionment she felt as her parents got a divorce, to walking by the brook talking to the God she did not believe in, to the fellow Ball State student who led her to a relationship with Jesus, which would in turn effect every fiber of who I am who write this.  Friends of ours made a copy of that TV show when it was aired, which then we were now able to copy on a DVD.  That DVD of my mom's testimony is a way for her to share with her grandchildren that she was never able to know here on this earth.  It is one of my most treasured possessions.
So I have also realized how sharing a video testimony of myself and my wife can be for our kids, and even for extended family.  So go get your iPhone or your camera with video or whatever you have that can take video and make a video recording of how you came to know Jesus.  I am living proof that your kids will value this more than any other gift you could leave them with.

No comments:

Post a Comment