Labels

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Archaeology Dig in Israel

Some of the ideas I post we are doing while other ideas are dreams.  So here is my dream.  I take my wife and our four kids to Israel for 10 weeks and do an archaeological dig.  Not so much to find something amazing like the Dead Sea Scrolls or a ossuary box with one of Jesus's brothers or the head of John the Baptist, but rather to join pretty much every favorite thing of mine at once.  You see I love my kids.  They are so special to me, and I can't imagine going on a trip with cooler people than them.  Also my wife is like myself, and in the words of Taylor Swift, I say to my wife, "I'm only me when I'm with you."  Also I love road trips, and there is no road trip like leaving the road and getting in a plane.  I also like climates that naturally grow bananas.  I also like being in warmer climates.  I also love learning, and since I know very little about archaeology, I could learn with my family about it.  I also like learning in a group.  I also like digging in the ground.  And yes, there is this God who became man and came to earth, and he came to Israel, and for me to put my face to the earth again in that place is sheer joy.  So that is my dream, to take my whole family to Israel on an archaeological dig.  I admit that I am more excited about the idea than anyone else.  But I am excited enough for all six of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment