Labels

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Chores

When I was growing up, my chore was to take the garbage that could not be burned to the trash can, while my brother’s chore was to take the trash out an burn it.  Other chores we had were washing and drying the dishes, cleaning up our rooms (my room was called a “pig sty”), dusting the furniture and vacuuming.  What chores did you grow up with?  What chores do your kids do now?  Having four children the child with the most chores is my oldest son.  He feeds the dogs most often, puts the bulk of the dishes away, and does the most work when the kids are told to pick up the toys in the play room.  One challenge I think we have is to make sure the other kids also have ascending levels of responsibility as they grow up.  I know that my older brother did things for me so that I would not get a spanking (thank you brother), and I know that my wife, as the oldest, also did a lot of the work (and a lot of the bossing around – so I’m told).  Our oldest son is also our child who obeys orders the best.  Our daughter is the one who disobeys orders the best.  She is Daddy Junior.  So we have the kids do their own laundry.  We have the kids help with cleaning some.  Sometimes we have them make their beds, and sometimes they help with outside choes.  What about you?  What are your ideas for chores that children can do?  Comment on this post of what your ideas for chores for your children are.  Or if you are a child, what ideas do you have for chores you should do?

No comments:

Post a Comment