Labels

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Killer Falls

When my brother and I were in high school we went to a summer camp in eastern Pennsylvania called Summer's Best Two Weeks and we often went white water rafting on the Youghiogheny River.  There was a big rapids on that river called Killer Falls.  I am not sure how many people died each season going down Killer Falls, but what I am sure of, is that after someone goes down Killer Falls and lives to tell about it, it is an experience that they never forget.  Well, my parents let my brother and I take them white water rafting on the Youghiogheny River and we even led them down Killer Falls.  It was very intense, but we all lived through it.  So my idea is to let your kids lead you in doing something.  Maybe my daughter will lead me in painting.  Maybe my son will lead me into a business venture.  Maybe my other son will lead me to skydiving (I hope not - I would be scared).  Maybe my other son will lead me to caring for the suffering children in Sub-Saharan Africa.  Who knows where they will lead me.  Will I let them lead me?  Giving up control and letting children lead us is tough I think, but my parents did a great job of it when we led them down Killer Falls.  Will you let your kids lead you down Killer Falls?

No comments:

Post a Comment