Labels

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I was wrong. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?


 After my mom died over ten years ago we got a note in the mail from a lady she taught with.  This lady was not a Christian, but through my mom and others she gave herself to Jesus.  She let us know in the note one of the most impactful things my mom did.  My mom would take this lady aside and specifically ask for forgiveness something that my mom felt that she did wrong against this lady that she worked with.  This lady had never experienced that before, someone admitting their wrong and asking forgiveness.  It blew her away. 
In my life I have found that the Holy Spirit speaks to me most about asking for forgiveness.  Even today this has already happened three times.  One of them regards a blog post that I put up, and which I have since taken down.  A brother spoke to me about it, and through the Holy Spirit I realized that this post was not a good thing to post, for a myriad of reasons that the Holy Spirit made clear to me.  So if that specific post caused you pain, I was wrong.  I am sorry.  Will you forgive me?
Some people think that to say sorry to their children makes their children not respect them.  I have found the opposite to be true.  I even ask for forgiveness from my dogs, and in my world dogs are not even humans.  But in saying that we are sorry we are really trying to keep the list short, the list of things that we have done to hurt God, the God who made the heavens and the earth and our children and everyone and our dogs and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment