Labels

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Snowmass

I had the opportunity of a lifetime when I was a sophomore in high school to go on spring break with one of my friends and his family to Snowmass, Colorado.  Downhill skiing on a mountain, as opposed to a hill, is a truly amazing experience.  Once at the top it was about 4 miles to the bottom.  I have had a lot of amazing experiences in my life so far - skiing at snowmass is high up on the list.  Also, there is the bonding of a long road trip with a family that I loved and came to love even more over that week and again in my senior year when they took me again.  So here is my idea for your family and mine, to take note of what that family did for me.  They introduced me to downhill skiing, and they also took me along on their family vacation.  That family, in a very real sense, is my family.  I am forever connected to them.  I love them.  They love me.
Oh yes, it is quite a risk to take in a child for another family for a week of spring break vacation.  High risk, high rewards, much like skiing down the mountain.  As they say on the slopes, to turn is to admit defeat.
So if you have not, consider sownhill skiing as a family vacation idea.  Also, consider taking another child with you on your vacation.  It could shape that child's life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment