Labels

Friday, May 18, 2012

History of Christ

Consider the historical documents of Christ.  Four Gospels from four different men or communities share the story of Jesus Christ with remarkable similarity.  Other documents in the New Testament refer to Jesus Christ and the reality of his physical life on earth.  The authors of those documents come from a variety of walks of life - fishermen, tax collectors, Pharisees, doctors, family members.  Within 70 years there were 5,500 documents (copies) of books or parts of books of the New Testament.  Other documents outside of the New Testament also refer to Jesus Christ.  With all that evidence it is very hard to deny the reality of Jesus of Nazareth - that he existed.
What is the historical evidence that I am my kid's father?  Their birth certificates is about it.  Their may be a few other documents I could round up, but I am at the advantage of being past the age of the printing press and into the digital age and also not 2,000 years ago.  And still I cannot find as much evidence for me being my kid's father as the evidence of Jesus Christ living on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment