Labels

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Claims of Christ

Here are some of the claims of Christ I have seen in the Scriptures that point to him being "it."  He claims to be:
I AM (John 8).
the Resurrection and the Life (John 11).
the Light of the World (John 8).
assent to Thomas's declaration "my Lord and my God" (John 20).
This is not meant to exhaust or even represent all of Christ's claims, but to help us to pursue them.  Christ claimed to be God, and one with the Father, and there is really only a few things we can do with someone like that as Clive says in Mere Christianity.  We send them to the loony bin.  We say they are the Devil.  We say they are a liar.
The other choice is to worship Him as God.
My claim to my kids is that I am their father.  That is my claim and they must decide what to do with it.

Who does Christ claim to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment