Labels

Sunday, May 27, 2012

The 401(k) is my shepherd, I shall not want

Financial stewardship and saving and investing have been issues I have wondered about since I gave my life to Jesus and gave up my ideas on owning a Lamborghini.  I fully understand the benefits of saving money, saving for retirement, etc, etc.  But I like to play the devil's advocate.
Is having a 401(k) saying the Lord is not enough?
If the 401(k) is my shepherd, then what does that make the Lord?

No, no, spiritually, the Lord is our shepherd, but when it comes to my finances, the 401(k), pension, mutual fund, is what I look to.

I am so often reminded of the Israelites gathering more manna than they needed that day.  They were not giving God a chance to prove himself.

Are we not letting the Lord prove himself as a shepherd if we continually look to ourselves to provide for our own selves and family?

No comments:

Post a Comment