Labels

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Resurrection Day

The day of all days.  The new day.  The first day of the new week.  How can we help our children to grasp how wonderful this day is?  How can we ourselves grasp the overflowing life of this day?  This is something I wonder about.  Here is an idea I have never tried:  Wake up early in the morning and take the whole family to a graveyard or cemetery where some relative is buried.  Read Matthew 28, Mark 16, Luke 24, or John 20.  Talk about how Jesus rose from a grave like one of these.  Then talk about all of the people your family knows who died in Christ.  Talk about how when Jesus comes back all of those people will also rise from the dead and come out of their graves and live with Jesus Christ forever.  Then talk about how fun that will be, to be with all of those people.  For me, some of the most special people to me are dead:  my mom, my niece,  the man who discipled me, my two favorite singers, most of my favorite authors, and one of my best friends from high school.  To speak of the resurrection is to speak of our hope.  It is of the upmost importance that our children know this hope.  How will we help our children and their parents grasp the indestructible life of this Resurrection Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment