Labels

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Letting Jesus be your handyman

I really do not like handyman work, like fixing a leaky faucet or putting up drywall.  Because I am a homeowner, sometimes I am backed against a wall to do this.  Sometimes I go into a project thinking I can do it.  Sometimes I go into a project thinking I can't.  But for me, I almost always have a mental breakdown in the middle of my handyman project.  Why? - you ask.  Because I want the project to be done, to finish it.  This is almost always hindered by something seemingly small, like a certain kind of fitting that I don't have or a certain kind of screwdriver that would fit this certain project.
It all goes downhill for me when I go to the hardware store, or should I say it goes downhill when I get back from the hardware store for the third time and the thingy that I bought still doesn't work.
So here is my idea that I think Jesus is giving me, not that I have figured this out yet.
"Hey Danny, why don't you let me be your handyman?"
"Because you save people's souls, marriages, and spiritual lives, but you don't really fix people's sinks - only Lowes does that."
"Really Danny, you think I can't fix a sink, you think that is too hard for me."
"I really do not want to let go of this yet, Jesus."
"I know."
So my idea is to let Jesus be my handyman.  I have still not really figured this out at all.  Maybe you have.  I just know that when I am the handyman I get really mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment