Labels

Monday, April 23, 2012

Paintings for a little girl

A little girl in our church is having open heart surgery today and a while ago my daughter had the idea of drawing pictures and making paintings.  She made a bunch of different pictures and put prices on them of 50cents or $1 or 25cents depending on the size and quality of the picture.  She started by selling them to her aunt, uncle and grandparents the pictures.  She was selling them to save up money for the little girl in our church who is having open heart surgery today.  Someone might say to her, "Who is going to buy pictures from a little girl to save money for this little girl who is having open heart surgery?  That won't work."  You could tell that to my daughter to her face and she would be unfazed.  This is why we call her Danny junior.  She took the pictures to church and I think she tried to sell some.  She also says to her mom, "Aren't you so proud of me mommy, can you believe that an eight year old can raise money for a little girl.  Aren't you so proud of me that you could cry?"
The Painting you see pictured in this post is called "I don't know what to call it."

No comments:

Post a Comment