Labels

Friday, June 29, 2012

Popcorn

One thing that has been great about being married to my wife is eating popcorn.  I ate popcorn growing up, but now popcorn is a big staple in our house.  We do not buy microwave popcorn, but bags of popcorn kernels.  She has a sufuria she got while we were in Kenya and she puts a little oil in it, and once it is hot pours the popcorn in - maybe a cup (I am not good at cooking but very good at eating)?  Then keep your ears tuned to when the popcorn starts to slow down, and take it off the heat, add some salt, and pop - popcorn.  She also has started taking the kernels, putting them in a bag, and putting it in the microwave.  For you health nuts out there, this is a way to get popcorn without the oil, but the oil makes it taste much better.
One thing I have perfected about popcorn is how to eat it fast.  I take a huge handful and shove it into my mouth and then once it is in my mouth take another huge handful and, after the other is halfway down my throat, shove that handful into my mouth.  Mmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment