Labels

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Country Music

When I was in High School on some kind of school trip country music started playing on the radio.  A girl said, "You know why I don't like country music - because anybody can sing it."  I said, "Hmm, that's funny - that's the very reason I like it."
Country Music - not the new stuff so much, tells stories.  The best country music tells stories.  "This Cowboy's Hat" by Chris LeDeaux, "He Stopped Loving Her Today" by George Jones, "Cowboy Bill" and "The Thunder Rolls" by Garth Brooks, "Remember When" by Alan Jackson, "Roll On" by Alabama, "Alcohol" by Brad Paisley, "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry, "A Love without End Amen" by George Strait, "Our Song" by Taylor Swift, "Six Days on the Road" and "All These Years" by Sawyer Brown,  and "Independence Day" by Martina McBride.  So many others, but if you youtube or pandora these, you will see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment