Labels

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Getting Married

One of my best friends got married 11 years ago.  I had the honor of being his best man.  Almost 13 years ago I married my wife and it rained on our outdoor wedding, so we had the reception in a basement.  Almost 14 years ago my brother got married and there was a fire at the altar, and try as hard as they could, the groomsmen could not beat the fire out with their tux jackets.  Luckily the ushers found fire extinguishers.  Many things happen at a wedding, and you can spend a lot of money on a wedding.  Let me share with you some of my thoughts on a wedding that are most important.
1.  the groom deciding that he will commit himself no matter what to this bride.
2.  the bride deciding that she will commit herself no matter what to this groom.
3.  inviting some family and friends to see this beauty, not the beauty of flowers and dresses and cakes, but of the first 2 things I listed, and those people get to watch as this wedding, this marriage, grows into something they start to think of as holy, not because the bride and the groom are something, but that the God who makes people one has shown himself in this marriage.


No comments:

Post a Comment