Labels

Monday, June 25, 2012

Child Sponsorship


When my wife and I were newly married we sponsored a child through Compassion International.  He was about 6 years old I think, and we would write to him and he would write to us, and our small monthly funds to him helped him to go through the Compassion International program, which included education.  We got a letter from our sponsored child recently, who is now 19, that he has completed all of his courses.  Let me tell you from my perspective the value of our relationship with him.  We got to see him grow in the Lord through his letters.  I wish my handwriting was as good as his was, but he writes on and on about his relationship with Jesus.  I don’t think that child sponsorship is the answer to all of missions, but I do think that it helps connect the busy Americans like ourselves to the poor throughout the world.  If you do not sponsor a child, you should consider it.  Compassion International is one of many Christian child sponsorship programs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment