Labels

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Chess

How long has chess been around?  I don't know.  My brother learned chess at the summer camp we went to in Pennsylvania and taught me.  My kids know now.  I just beat my son by getting him down to his king.  In high school a student teacher taught me how to beat someone in three moves.  Chess is funny though, because I really know almost nothing about it.
Do you know how to play chess?
The King can move one space in any direction and is the whole goal of the game for the other pieces to make sure your king does not die but that the other person's king does die.  What strategy will you have?  Will you have a strategy?
The Queen is similar to the king except that even though the whole game does not revolve around her, all the work is done by her while the king sits around.
The knight is different in that it moves one over and two up or down, or vice versa, thus making an interesting way to move.
http://www.chess.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment