Labels

Friday, July 13, 2012

Trusting Your Spouse

Finances have been a bit of an issue in our marriage, especially as my wife and I have differing attitudes toward money and spending at times.  The Holy Spirit recently showed me where I am holding my wife back in that I was not trusting her completely.  I did not completely trust her in our finances, whether I was trying to make her feel guilty for spending too much money or stashing a little cash away that she did not know about.  I would have always said that I trusted my wife, but do I trust her with everything - completely?  Do you trust your spouse completely, in the area of finances, your sex life - do you trust your spouse to satisfy your sexual desires, or do you have a secret stash you can count on?  Do you trust your spouse?  If not, where is it that you are holding back?  Talk to Jesus Christ, and talk to your spouse.  Unity comes with complete trust.
"The heart of her husband trusts in her" (Proverbs 31:11).
If I do not trust her completely I am holding her back from being a Proverbs 31 woman, from being who she was created to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment