Labels

Monday, July 9, 2012

Repentance Baptism



Cleansing Baptism
Humanity Baptism
Repentance Baptism
Israel Baptism
Spirit Baptism
Total Baptism

John the Baptist preached a baptism of repentance (Mark 1:4).  The Greek word repentance means “change of mind, turning” and repentance is often linked in the Bible with a turning to God (Acts 20:21; 26:20).  To think of someone repenting think of someone changing their mind about something and going in the opposite direction.  The Baptism of Repentance means that we are walking a different path and living a different life.  C.H.R.I.S.T. baptism must raise me to walking a different path than the one I walked before.   C.H.R.I.S.T. baptism is not me getting back on my feet, but it is me getting new feet that walk in a different direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment