Labels

Monday, July 2, 2012

Saying sorry another time


I have committed the same sins more than once.  This is not my goal or intent, but I often continue to fall prey to the same weaknesses.  My family knows my weakness better than anyone, as it is often them that I sin against  I feel many times that I am screwing my kids up.  I scream at them when I said that I would not scream again.  God is slow to anger and I ask him to make me slow to anger, but sometimes I get angry so quick.  So what do I do?  I say sorry another time.  If it happens the next day, I say sorry again.  I also notice that when I do not have time with God, my anger is more out of control, so I make sure I have time with God.  I ask for help.    I say sorry even if it humiliating to keep saying sorry.  It helps me point my child more to the Savior we both need so desperately.

I was wrong.  I am sorry.  Will you forgive me?

These words have been a help to my parenting almost as much as "I LOVE YOU."

No comments:

Post a Comment