Labels

Friday, February 17, 2012

Marry someone who is a good cook

This is especially true if you are not one, which I am not.  Some people get excited to go to gourmet restaurants, and I have had good food in good restaurants.  But I have also had okay food in good restaurants.  My wife loved to cook, and she does it well.  If you don't think cooking is a spiritual gift, tell me what else the priests did in the Old Testament besides cook.  Even Jesus cooked fish, right?!  My wife makes a good almond crusted tilapia, and also a heavenly chocolate mocha cheesecake.  When we lived in Kenya and everyone around us was eating ugali, I was eating Tex-Mex Chicken.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  She knows how to cook.  I did not really know this before I got married, but now that I do know it I want to share something with you.  If you are not yet married and you cannot cook, pray for a spouse who can cook.  If you are not married and you can cook, pray for a spouse who likes to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment