Labels

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Be Missionaries

My wife and I went to East Africa with a mission organization for two years.  Our main role was to teach the children of the other missionary families.  I remember a missionary kid at the college I went to say that everyone should spend at least two years overseas.  I never did get that out of my head. Hmmm.  We went.  It was really really hard.  What did we learn?  Here are a few things:  1.  Learning language IS ministry, but it is also hard.  2.  A night is a year.  3.  It is easy to adapt to no electricity and no running water.  4.  It is not easy to adapt to being an alien.  5.  Coca-cola is everywhere, literally.  6.  The United States is not as bad as I thought it was.  7.  No matter how wonderful your spouse is, you must lean all on Jesus.  8.  Lots of more things that I don't have words for in this language I am typing in, but maybe you who are reading this should think, hmmm, should I/we go and be missionaries?  This post was for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment