Labels

Friday, February 10, 2012

Family Running

I am a runner.  I ran cross country and track in high school and college, and have run five marathons.  People are sometimes amazed at me when they hear I go for 20 mile training runs and run and run.  I know something they often do not know.  The hardest part is running around the block.  If you can get yourself to run around the block, that is the hardest part of running.  Getting up and running around the block.  So one of my goals is to run around the block with my kids.  This is something we are trying, not something we perfected.  Why is it so hard?  The bed feels so good.  It is dark.  It is cold.  So some days I get my kids bundled up and we run around the block, sometimes we run around the block several times.  Other times like today, the bed felt too too good.  So you want to know what it takes to be a runner.  Just run around the block.  That's the hardest part.  Also, don't get as frustrated as I do when the kids whine.  It could be fun family time.  It could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment