Labels

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

What Color is Your Parachute? A Quality Job Hunting Approach

For each Christian family one thing that is needed is a job.  The traditional approach to get a job is to make a resume, to go through an agency, or look in the ads (whether that be in the newspaper or places like indeed.com or monster,com).

Richard Bolles presents a different approach which has been updated as many times as years I have lived.  Richard Bolles story began as he was fired from his job as a minister in the Episcopalian church.  He shares that story here.

My story with What Color is Your Parachute? is that when I graduated from college a Christian businessman whom I respected told me to read it.  I read it and it helped me 1.  figure out what job I really wanted.  2. get that job.

you can find out more information about his philosophy and his book from this website:

http://www.jobhuntersbible.com/for-job-hunters


I have also been using this approach in helping men who have addictions get a job.  This approach is not a "sit back and wait" approach, but rather must be applied by the job hunter doing serious work.  But if you 1.  Do not know what you want to do.  2.  Do not know how to get a job doing that, then this book is for you.

I almost guarantee that you do not have to buy this book, as it would be at a public library, but if you want to buy it, you could buy it here, this is the 2016 edition, if you are reading this later and Richard Bolles is still alive, then get the newest edition.



If you are soon to be a college graduate and need help in finding a job like I did, one idea is to read this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment