Labels

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Christian Music #8 Out of the mouths of babes

When my daughter was 4 or 5, my wife and I went to pray for her before bed, and as we did she began singing a song to Jesus.  Both of us must have been in the mood to humor her, so we thought we would let her sing a little song.  So we sat there and listened to her sing.  I cannot take you there, but I can go there myself in my mind.  After a few minutes I was thinking, how long is this going to go on?  She kept singing, making up her of words and notes to sing to her Savior.

After a while she was not the only one caught up in worshiping Jesus.  As this went on for ten to twenty minutes, we began to realize that this was one of those moments when we were in the presence of the Almighty God.  It is one of the most special times of my life.

With kids, often times we want them to be quiet or go play in the other room.  But that night I learned from my daughter something as she ushered us into the presence of God.

Idea:  Learn something from a child about the worship of God, whether it be in their rambunctiousness or their silliness or their sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment