Labels

Friday, August 21, 2015

Christian Music #7 Learning to Sing

I am the father of four children and many times found myself with a fussy child trying to calm them.  My babies, like most babies, did not want me to just sit there with them in my lap.  So sometimes I would stand up and sing to Jesus while I was holding them.

It is hard for me to know, even as I write this, what a big deal that is.  Holding my child and singing,

"in moments like these, I sing out a song, I sing out a love song to Jesus,
in moments like these, I sing out a song, I sing out a love song to Him,
singing I love you Lord, singing I love you Lord, singing I love you, Lord I love you."

Without really knowing it I was teaching my babies to worship God, the same way I was teaching them how to lose their temper, and many bad things that I did, I was also teaching them to worship Jesus.

My mother would no doubt have done the same thing when I was a little baby.  Many of the first words I learned were from my mom praising Jesus while holding me.  I was blessed to learn from her.

Question 1:  Who have you learned to worship Jesus from?  Who taught you?  Maybe it was not a family member, but who was it?

Question 2:  Who is learning to worship Jesus from you?

Idea:  Think about those who are watching you, and how you can help them in learning how to sing to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment